MA5616 series DSLAM
The MA5616 is a modular rack-mountable VDSL2 IP DSLAM. It supports two Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) trunk interfaces with shared SFP ports. The MA5616 features a dedicated Out-band management port and can also be managed through the In-band (GE/SFP) ports. Its ideal for deploying in space-constrained indoor areas, MDU, or external cabinets.
- 2U design with 4 hot swappable slots for xDSL line cards
- Supports VDSL2 Profiles 8a/8b/8/8d/12a/12b/17a with ADSL2 fall back (dependant on line card)
- Supports powerful traffic classification tools including QoS, ToS and DSCP.
- CLI management through Telnet, SSH or direct console connection using a rollover cable.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Provides lightning protection and anti-interference functions.
- Starts up at -25°C.
- Endures high temperatures and it operates efficiently at 65°C (the maximum working temperature).
- Supports the temperature detection function. When the temperature exceeds the threshold, the system will generate an alarm.
- Supports protection of the subscriber port:
- DSL port: enhanced K20, common mode 4 kV
- POTS port: common mode and differential mode, 4 kV
- Supports the power protection (2 kV in differential mode and 4 kV in common mode).
- In the AC + backup power configuration, the battery can be used as the backup power. When the AC power supply fails, the battery supplies power to the system. In this case, the broadband services are shut off, and the narrowband services are normal.
- Supports the intelligent speed adjustment of the fan. The system can automatically adjust the fan rotating speed according to the working temperature, which ensures noise reduction and that this unit is a reliable energy saving solution.
- Supports replacement the fan tray independently.
- Adopts the derating design for the electronic components to improve the reliability.
- Provides the corrosion-proof design and reduces the cable routing on the board surface.The heat dissipation layout is reasonable (to prevent the condensation from forming because of the temperature difference).
- Supports the MGCP/H248/SIP dual homing. When the MGCP/H.248/SIP protocol is used, the MDU can be configured with up to two MGCs. When the MGC is switched over or the MDU detects the fault of the primary uplink, the system automatically switches to the other MGC.
- Supports emergency standalone. When the MDU upstream port is interrupted, the system automatically starts the emergency standalone function. Then, the subscribers of the same MDU can call and communicate with each other.
- Supports virtual noise. The system uses the virtual noise mechanism to decrease the line rate (the system adjusts the line rate according to the SNR), which improves the antiinterference capability of the system.
High and Guaranteed QoS
The MA5616 has a high and guaranteed QoS, which lays the foundation for service management.
- Traffic-stream-based priority marking
- ACL-based priority marking
- Three scheduling modes, namely priority queuing (PQ), weighted round robin (WRR), and PQ+WRR
- DBA-based bandwidth management of the GPON port
- Mapping upstream/downstream services to different priority queues for scheduling based on the priority
- ACL-based access control
- Two rate three color marker (trTCM)-based IP traffic profile, and rate limitation on a subscriber port
- TCONT-based priority service in the upstream GPON transmission direction of the MDU.
- Filters the packets by specified IP address, port, and protocol type.
- Filters the packets by the source MAC address and destination MAC address of the packets.
- Filters the packets by the source route options.
- Supports ACL-based (allow/deny) access control.
- Supports static binding of the MAC addresses.
- Supports suppression of broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast packets of the GPON port Ethernet port.
- Supports SNMPv3 on the basis of SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c. Provides three key services, namely, authentication, encryption, and access control, considering the security defect in SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c.（Note: The device on the CO side must also support SNMPV3.)
- Supports changing the password for the Root user.
- Supports GEM port-based encryption through the PLOAM messages in the downstream direction, by using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 128 encryption algorithm.
- Supports dynamic key switching based on ITU-T G.984 through the PLOAM messages.
- Supports dual GE port (backup for each other) upstream transmission.
- Supports the virtual MAC (VMAC).
- Supports anti-ICMP/IP attacks.
- Supports setting the anti-DOS attack function through the CLI and NMS.
- Supports L2 isolation and controlled mutual access of the subscribers
- Supports the global Policy Information Transfer Protocol (PITP) and the PITP controlled by VLANs
- Supports global DHCP Option82 and the DHCP Option82 controlled by VLANs
- Supports DHCP Option82 so that the information about the physical location of a subscriber is contained in the authentication packet, thus enhancing the DHCP security
- Supports global-level dynamic anti-MAC address spoofing. After the subscriber passes the authentication, the MAC address of the subscriber is bound with the service stream dynamically.
- Supports the global and VLAN-level anti-MAC address spoofing and anti-IP address spoofing based on the DHCP protocol.
- Supports the anti-MAC address spoofing function for the subscriber who uses the PPPoE protocol.
- Supports the management of the operation rights of the maintenance and management personnel according to different right levels
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) V2 and IGMP V3
- IGMP proxy and IGMP snooping
- Up to 32 multicast VLANs and 1024 programs for each multicast VLAN
- 1024 multicast groups
- Up to 16 multicast groups that the subscribers under each service port can join concurrently
- Delay shorter than 50 ms for joining or leaving the multicast group
- Flexible and easy channel control
- IGMP packet statistics
- High performance processing of IGMP packets, which enables the broadband TV (BTV) service
- Multicast VLAN, program, and subscriber management
- Setting and querying the quick-leave function through the NMS or the CLI
- Global-level switching of IGMP modes
- Filtering downstream multicast packets (The downstream multicast traffic that is not contained in the multicast filtering table is discarded.)
Perfect Voice Features
The MA5616 has built-in access gateways (AGs) and inherits the platform capability and Intercommunication capability of large-capacity AGs:
- Supports configuring the signaling IP address, media IP address, and management IP address to be the same or different.
- Provides multiple voice service configuration profiles, which facilitates the configuration process.
- Supports the configuration and delivery of the voice service.
- Supports H.248/MGCP/SIP.
- Supports the POTS basic service and supplementary service defined in the AG device standards.
- Complies with ITU-T/IETF standards.
- Supports dynamic jitter buffer and static jitter buffer.
- Supports the media IP address and signaling IP address management.
- Delivers signal tones to local and remote subscribers
- Supports H.248/MGCP/SIP dual homing
- Supports the H.248 performance statistics and call statistics.
- Supports service performance requirements such as long duration calls
- Supports the fax/modem service in the VBD mode.
- Supports T.38 fax.
- Supports flexible configuration of narrowband and broadband services
- Supports the loop line test, circuit test, and call emulation test
- Supports the remote packet capture.
- Supports the emergency standalone service
- Supports the enhanced fax/modem service.
- Supports obtaining the IP address through DHCP
- Supports the global digitmap configuration
Device Downloads (Manuals, Quickstart Guides, Datasheets)
Versa Technology Device Warranty Information
Versa Technology honors its products that Versa and it's partners engineer and manufacture. Our products sold are of the highest standards available. All products come with a TWO year limited warranty on all products sold by directly by Versa Technology, unless specifically stated otherwise on our product documentation. This warranty period of two years applies from the ship date to all our products which are purchased legally and owned by the original customer. If you have purchased the product from a reseller you must contact the reseller directly. Should repairs fail to recover the product Versa Technology will replace the product with a similar product or a suitable replacement. Other information is as follows.
Versa Technology is not responsible for any other cost incurred.
All replacement units inherit the existing warranty.
Expedited return can be fulfilled for a predetermined fee.
An extended warranty may be purchased for eligible equipment.
If a product needs to be returned for RMA you can fill out the form HERE (RMA Page)
*Versa Technology assumes no responsibility for the risk of damage to any external devices (Devices that are not ours). It is the duty of the customer to check and make sure everything is compatible.
The Limited Warranty applies only to products sold directly by Versa Technology that can be identified as a Versa Technology product (by name, logo, purchase documentation). The Limited Warranty does not apply to (a) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, misapplication; (b) damage caused by unauthorized service performed by anyone who is not an authorized Versa Technology service specialist (c) a product or a part that has been modified without the written permission of Versa Technology; or (d) if any Versa Technology serial number has been removed or tampered.
Versa Technology warrants its products against defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service, for the following lengths of time from the date of purchase.
- AC/DC Power Adapter, Cooling Fan, and Power Supply carry 1 year warranty.
If a product does not operate as warranted during the applicable warranty period, Versa Technology shall reserve the right, at its expense, to repair or replace the defective product or part and deliver an equivalent product or part to the customer. The repair/replacement unit’s warranty continues from the original date of purchase. All products that are replaced become the property of Versa Technology. Replacement products may be new or reconditioned. Versa Technology does not issue refunds or credit. Please contact the point-of-purchase for their return policies.
Versa Technology shall not be responsible for any software, firmware, information, or memory data of customer contained in, stored on, or integrated with any products returned to Versa Technology pursuant to any warranty.
There are no user serviceable parts inside the product. Do not remove or attempt to service the product by any unauthorized service center. This warranty is voided if (i) the product has been modified or repaired by any unauthorized service center, (ii) the product was subject to accident, abuse, or improper use (iii) the product was subject to conditions more severe than those specified in the manual.
Warranty service may be obtained by contacting Versa Technology within the applicable warranty period and providing a copy of the dated proof of the purchase. Upon proper submission of required documentation a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number will be issued. An RMA number is required in order to initiate warranty service support for all Versa Technology products. Products that are sent to Versa Technology for RMA service must have the RMA number marked on the outside of return packages and sent to Versa Technology prepaid, insured and packaged appropriately for safe shipment. Customers shipping from outside of the USA and Canada are responsible for return shipping fees. Customers shipping from outside of the USA are responsible for custom charges, including but not limited to, duty, tax, and other fees.
WARRANTIES EXCLUSIVE: IF THE Versa Technology PRODUCT DOES NOT OPERATE AS WARRANTED ABOVE, THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE REMEDY SHALL BE, AT Versa Technology’s OPTION, REPAIR OR REPLACE. THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, EITHER IN FACT OR BY OPERATION OF LAW, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Versa Technology NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANY OTHER PERSON TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OTHER LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, INSTALLATION MAINTENANCE OR USE OF Versa Technology’s PRODUCTS.
Versa Technology SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY IF ITS TESTING AND EXAMINATION DISCLOSE THAT THE ALLEGED DEFECT IN THE PRODUCT DOES NOT EXIST OR WAS CAUSED BY CUSTOMER’S OR ANY THIRD PERSON’S MISUSE, NEGLECT, IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR TESTING, UNAUTHORIZED ATTEMPTS TO REPAIR OR MODIFY, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE BEYOND THE RANGE OF THE INTENDED USE, OR BY ACCIDENT, FIRE, LIGHTNING, OR OTHER HAZARD.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: TO THE FULL EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW Versa Technology ALSO EXCLUDES FOR ITSELF AND ITS SUPPLIERS ANY LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR FOR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATE, OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, USE, PERFORMANCE, FAILURE, OR INTERRUPTION OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND LIMITS ITS LIABILITY TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, OR REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID, AT Versa Technology’s OPTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES WILL NOT BE AFFECTED IF ANY REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL FAIL OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Governing Law: This Limited Warranty shall be governed by the laws of the state of California.
Some Versa Technology products include software code written by third party developers. These codes are subject to the GNU General Public License ("GPL") or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL").
THIS WARRANTY AND REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, Versa Technology SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF Versa Technology CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM IMPLIED WARRANTIES UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. No Versa Technology reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty. Versa Technology IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, DOWNTIME, GOODWILL, DAMAGE TO OR REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED IN OR USED WITH Versa Technology PRODUCTS, AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCT.
Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or exclusions or limitations on the duration of implied warranties or conditions, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary by state or province.
Shipping costs of products being returned are the responsibility of the customer. Cost of shipping products back to the customer will be paid by Versa Technology (Free ground shipping for USA - domestic customers only. International customers are responsible for shipping costs.) This warranty only applies to the customer whom purchased the product directly from Versa Technology.
Out of Warranty Service:
For products which are out of warranty, please call or fax in for a RMA number. Once the products for repair are received a quote will be generated for their repair. Customer approval must be obtained before work is begun in repairing or replacing the products. Once the products are repaired, payments must be made or sent for their repair costs before they are shipped back to customers. Shipping costs both to and from the customer are billed to the Customer for products which are out of warranty.
You may also like…
- TAA Compliant, DSLAM, VDSL2 Modems
VX-VEB160R1 Ethernet over VDSL2 Converter (Profile 30a)
This device has reached End-of-Life.
- TAA Compliant, Ethernet Extenders, Ethernet Extender Kits
VX-VEB160G4 (V2) 300Mbps Ethernet Extender Kit$224.98
Versa Technology’s VX-VEB160G4 (V2) is the fastest Copper Ethernet Extender available on the market. The second generation Ethernet Extender can achieve up to 300Mbps (Downstream: Up to 190 Mbps/Upstream: Up to 110 Mbps) and withstand harsh environments.
- Interface: 4 x 10/100/1000Base-T, 1 x VDSL2
- Speed DS / US: Up to 190Mbps / Up to 110Mbps
- Power Supply: 12VDC over 2.1mm DC Jack
- Power Consumption: 4.5 Watts Max.
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to 75°C
- Standard: IEEE 802.3 compliant
- Distance: Up to 9,000 ft.
Kits Includes: 2 VX-VEB160G4 (V2) units and each unit contains 1 12V 1A (output) power supply, and 1 quick installation guide.
*The VX-VEB160G4 (V2) is backwards compatible with the previous model of the VX-VEB160G4.