VX-MD4024 24 Port VDSL2 IP DSLAM
The VX-MD4024 is a rack-mountable VDSL2 IP DSLAM. The unit supports 2 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) trunk interfaces and 24 VDSL2 ports (ADSLx backward compatible) and is ideal for deploying in space-constrained indoor areas, MDU, or external cabinets.
- 1U compact design with 24 VDSL2 ports with ADSL2 support and built-in POTS splitter
- Supports VDSL2 profiles 8a/8b/8c/8d/12a/12b/17a/30a
- Supports powerful traffic classification tools including QoS, ToS and DSCP
- Web-based management with a user-friendly interface
- Unit includes proprietary RJ-21 cable
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- RJ45 ports and mini-GBIC (SFP) connector ports (total of 2 ports per box).
- Auto-selection between SFP and RJ-45 of Gigabit Ethernet interfaces with programmable priority.
For RJ-45 Interface:
- Supports IEEE 802.3 10/100/1000 Base-T auto-sensing GbE. And the selection of speed for each port is independent.
- Auto-adaptive between full-duplex and half-duplex operation modes for 10 and 100 Mbps operation speed on a per trunk port basis. The system only supports full-duplex mode for 1000 Mbps.
For SFP Interface:
- Supports 1000 Base-TX/SX/LX/EX/ZX/LHX interfaces (defined in IEEE 802.3z) depending on plug-in SFP transceiver
- Supports Ethernet frame that complies with IEEE 802.3z
- Line Interface
- 24 xDSL subscribers lines and supports provisioning of the operation modes (VDSL2, ADSL/ ADSL2+) with a default of VDSL2 on a per port basis.
- Handshake procedure of each DMT xDSL circuit complies with ITU-T G.994.1.
- Physical layer management of each DMT xDSL circuit complies with ITU-T G.997.1.
- xDSL subscriber interfaces support the following functions:
- Upstream and downstream non-overlapped mode
- Auto retrain
- Scrambling functionality
- FEC functionality
- Trellis coding
- Interleaving selection
- Target, maximum and minimum SNR margins programmable per port basis, independently for UP/DOWN directions
- Tx power adjustment while the SNR margin detected from the xDSL line exceeds the configured maximum SNR margin
- Supports rate adaptation modes defined in ITU-T G.992.5 and
- Line Interface (continued)
- G.997.1 including Fixed (manually configured) and Adaptive At Init modes.
- xDSL subscriber interface is able to support Fast Channel or Interleaved Channel independently for each xDSL port.
- Supports Upstream Power Back-off (UPBO) while received power exceeds configured max-aggregation-PSD in the upstream direction.
- Supports detection of Dying Gasp message from xDSL CPE and indicate a CPE power loss alarm in the management interface. This is cleared upon the commencement of a retrain operation (i.e. when the CPE becomes active once more).
- Supports PSD shaping feature in VDSL2, ADSL and ADSL2+
- Supports Downstream Power Back-Off (DPBO) for xDSL ports while operating in ADSL/2+ or VDSL2 mode
- VDSL2 functions comply with ITU-T G.993.2.
- Supports selectable spectrum profile of 8a/b/c/d, 12a/b, 17a, and 30a for frequency bands (Annex A, B and C) defined in G.993.2 when operating in VDSL2 mode.
- Support Packet Transport Mode (PTM) per G.993.2 when operating in VDSL mode.
- Support provisioning the VDSL optional band types A, B and M (25K to 276K Hz) usage
- Supports VDSL OAM communication channels including IB (Indicator Bits) channel, EOC (Embedded Operations Channel), and VOC (VDSL Overhead control Channel).
- Supports selectable band plan A (profile 998, Annex A of G.993.2 and plan B (profile 997, Annex B of G.993.2) for each VDSL line on a per port basis.
- Line rate of a VDSL2 line port can reach symmetrical 100/100 Mbps or asymmetrical 100/50 Mbps at an ideal loop condition.
- Building POTS Splitter (optional)
- Compliant with ETSI TS 101 952-1-1 option A for European, ETSI TS 101 952-1-3 for Annex B European ISDN, or ANSI 600.
- The splitter/low pass filter is passive element. Even if the system loses power (power supply fails), the POTS will still function.
- In-band management: provide all system OAM&P functions: software updates, configurations import/export, and management system interaction through trunk port.
- Out-band management: provide two kinds of management interfaces. One is the RS-232 local craft interface for basic provisioning. Interface default configuration: 9600 baud rate, 8-bit data, none parity, and 1 stop bit. The other is a 10/100 Base-T auto-sensing Ethernet Interface.
- Configuration Management
- Performance Management
- Fault Management
- Status Monitoring.
- Ethernet/IP Functionality
Supports L2 bridge functionalities defined in IEEE 802.1d including:
- Automatic source MAC learning
- Static source MAC address table provisioning
- Maximum 8K MAC addresses allowed to be learned into MAC table per system; 1 ~ 4095 MAC addresses per trunk bridge port with a limitation of maximum 4096 MACs for total number assigned to two trunk interfaces; 0 ~ 512 MAC addresses per line bridge port
- Provision-able aging time for MAC address table with a default of 300 seconds on a per bridge port basis.
- The uplink and line bridge interfaces support Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) per IEEE 802.1D and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) per IEEE 802.1w.
- Supports IEEE 802.1q Port-based VLAN and Protocol- based VLAN
- Supports 512 active VLANs simultaneously and the VLAN ID ranges from 1 to 4094
- Supports 2 layers VLAN stacking (“Q-in-Q”)
- Supports VLAN translation
- Supports port isolation functionality. When port isolation is enabled, no Layer-2 bridging between different ports (or subscriber lines) is supported in a VLAN
- Supports static VLAN group and membership provisioning per bridge port basis
- Supports configuring a port to be VLAN transparent (i.e., enabled for TLS)
- Supports Multicast forwarding with IGMP v1 [RFC 1112], v2 [RFC 2236], v3 [RFC 3376], and Multicast MAC address mapping
- Supports up to 512 concurrent IGMP groups (multicast channels) per system and a multicast channel has a maximum of 512 copies
- Supports profile-based Multicast Access Control (up to 24 configurable profiles) and assign any profile to a subscriber interface (the maximum number of registered multicast channels within a profile is 512)
- Able to limit the maximum number (0 ~ 20) of concurrent multicast groups to be joined per bridge port
- Supports IGMP snooping/proxy in v1, v2, and v3
- Selectable IGMP proxy and IGMP snooping
- Fast and Normal Leave modes
- DHCP Server (IP allocation to DSL users), DHCP transparent forward, and DHCP relay agent option-82 functionality (the value within Agent Circuit ID and Agent Remote ID sub-options are configurable).
- Supports selection of DHCP forwarding modes with enabled relay option-82
- Normal Forwarding Mode: the system follows general MAC bridging mechanism for DHCP frame forwarding.
- Secured Forwarding Mode: the system forwards DHCP frames according to attached Option-82 tags in downstream direction, rather than the destination MAC address of each DHCP frame.
- Able to pass through CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol) message for both directions: between trunk ports and between DSL ports and trunk ports
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) defined in IEEE 802.1ab that allows network devices to advertise and also recognize identities and capabilities within devices which are directly connected. This feature can be configured on a per port basis.
- Supports ARP anti-Spoofing and MAC anti-Spoofing
- Supports Layer-2 frame filtering based on source/destination MAC addresses
- Supports Layer-3 filtering based on IP header including source/destination IP address, protocol ID, and TCP/UDP destination port number
- Supports filtering out broadcast frames (destination MAC Address 0xFFFFFFFFFFFF) in the downstream direction. When this option is activated, only protocol-specific broadcasts (DHCP, ARP) are allowed to be forwarded to downstream users.
- Supports secured forwarding that forces upstream traffic to the specific gateway, by means of replying upstream ARP request with MAC address of default gateway
- Supports IEEE 802.1X Authentication using RADIUS protocol on each DSL port
- Supports the ability of RADIUS Client for management access authentication whose identifier (username and password) can be authenticated by remote RADIUS Server
Supports Ethernet rate limit function including:
- Profile based configuration
- Ingress: all kinds of traffic
- Egress: unicast traffic
- Apply to line bridge port
- Profile based configuration
- Ingress: all kinds of traffic
- Egress: unicast traffic
- Apply to line bridge port
- Profile based configuration
- Apply to line/trunk bridge port
- Non-profile based
- Broadcast: support rate limiting for PVIDs of trunk interfaces with an internal maximum rate 500K bps per PVID VLAN
- Flooding: support rate limiting for all defined VLANs, trunk/line
- Supports Three Color Marking (TCM) rate limit policer in accordance with the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Bandwidth Profile and RFCs 2697 & 2698.
- VLAN priority queue per IEEE 802.1p (4 priority queues for 8 802.1p CoS value. The mapping between 4 priority queues and 8 priority values are configurable.)
- Selectable adopted priority queue mechanisms according to Strict Priority Queue (SPQ) and Weighted Fair Queue (WFQ)
- Traffic classification by re-assigning CoS (p-bit) value according to CoS (802.1p priority bit), VLAN ID, ToS, DSCP, Source/Destination IP address, or Source/Destination MAC address
- Configurable mapping between ATM PVC and 802.1p CoS for received untagged frame from subscriber port
ATM and Interworking:
- 8 PVCs per subscriber line; VPI range is from 0 to 255 and VCI range from 32 to 65535 conforming to ATM Forum UNI 3.1/4.0, PVCs only.
- Multi-protocol encapsulation over ATM per RFC 2684 / RFC 1483 for bridged mode, LLC encapsulation method only.
- Supports AAL5 per ITU-T I.363.5.
- Commits the supported ATM service categories in the increasing order of UBR, CBR on a per port basis.
- Provide sPCR (peak cell rate) configurable parameter for CBR service.
- Profile-based ATM traffic management (up to 16 traffic descriptors with one default and 15 user-configurable descriptors).
- PPPoE transparent forwarding and PPPoE intermediate agent.
|Network Interface||2 x Gigabit Ethernet Combo ports (100/1000 Based-T and SFP-option)|
|Subscriber Interface||24 ports VDSL2 (G.993.2)|
Built-in POTS/ISDN splitter
|VDSL2||ITUT G.993.2 compliant*|
Profile 8a/8b/8c/8d/12a/1 2b/17a/30a
ADSL backwards compatible*
Maximum 20.5 dBm transmit power
Long-Reach VDSL (VLR)*
PTM packet Pre-emption
Loop Diagnostic DETL/SELT
|ATM||QoS (UBR, rt-VBR, nrt-VBR, CBR)|
PVC default priority and PVC-to-VLAN mapping
|Ethernet||IEEE 802.1d/w/s Spanning tree protocol (STP/ RSTP/ MSTP)|
IEEE 802.3ad Link aggregation
IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (option)
|Network Management||RS-232 serial and 10/100 Ethernet port for local management|
Multiple TELNET sessions
Remote software upgrade
Memory back-up and restore
Database export and import functionality
Web-based GUI management
EMS for Multiple Nodes Management based on SNMP (optional)
In-band and Out-band management
SNMP v1 and v2c management
|Management Information Base (MIB)||RFC 2514, 2515 ATM MIB|
RFC 1213 SNMP MIB II
RFC 1493 Bridge MIB
RFC 1643 Ethernet MIB
RFC 2674 Q MIB
RFC 1757 RMON MIB, group 1,2,3,9
Tailyn proprietary MIB
|OSI Layer 2 Functionality||Access control list (ACL)/filtering|
Broadcast control and broadcast rate limit
Port-based and 802.1p/q based virtual local area network (VLAN) with VLAN-stacking support
IGMP snooping/proxy v1, v2 and v3*
|Performance Monitoring||Monitors of line attenuation, noise margin, current rate, loss of signal, loss of framing loss of power and error second performance data of ADSL/VDSL statistics. Ethernet RMON defined statistics are also provided.|
Provides 15-minute and 1-day counters for history record
|Alarm & Status Surveillance||Automatic alarm/LED indication for alarm and system status|
Maintenance signal for OAM functionality
4 housekeeping inputs and 1 alarm contact closure outputs
|Dimensions||1U: 66mm x 482mm x 304mm (HxWxD)|
|Environmental||Operating Temperature: -40°C to 65°C (- 40°F to 149°F)|
Operating Humidity: 5% to 95% non- condensing
|Power Requirements||AC or DC power option|
DC: 48V DC (42V to 56V)
Dual A+B -48 V DC power input terminal
AC: 100~240V 50~60Hz
|Certification||ITU-T K.20, K.21|
ETSI 300-019, 300-386
Conform to CE requirements
* Denotes features that will be supported via firmware upgrade.
Device Downloads (Manuals, Quickstart Guides, Datasheets)
Versa Technology Device Warranty Information
Versa Technology honors its products that Versa and it's partners engineer and manufacture. Our products sold are of the highest standards available. All products come with a TWO year limited warranty on all products sold by directly by Versa Technology, unless specifically stated otherwise on our product documentation. This warranty period of two years applies from the ship date to all our products which are purchased legally and owned by the original customer. If you have purchased the product from a reseller you must contact the reseller directly. Should repairs fail to recover the product Versa Technology will replace the product with a similar product or a suitable replacement. Other information is as follows.
Versa Technology is not responsible for any other cost incurred.
All replacement units inherit the existing warranty.
Expedited return can be fulfilled for a predetermined fee.
An extended warranty may be purchased for eligible equipment.
If a product needs to be returned for RMA you can fill out the form HERE (RMA Page)
*Versa Technology assumes no responsibility for the risk of damage to any external devices (Devices that are not ours). It is the duty of the customer to check and make sure everything is compatible.
The Limited Warranty applies only to products sold directly by Versa Technology that can be identified as a Versa Technology product (by name, logo, purchase documentation). The Limited Warranty does not apply to (a) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, misapplication; (b) damage caused by unauthorized service performed by anyone who is not an authorized Versa Technology service specialist (c) a product or a part that has been modified without the written permission of Versa Technology; or (d) if any Versa Technology serial number has been removed or tampered.
Versa Technology warrants its products against defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service, for the following lengths of time from the date of purchase.
- AC/DC Power Adapter, Cooling Fan, and Power Supply carry 1 year warranty.
If a product does not operate as warranted during the applicable warranty period, Versa Technology shall reserve the right, at its expense, to repair or replace the defective product or part and deliver an equivalent product or part to the customer. The repair/replacement unit’s warranty continues from the original date of purchase. All products that are replaced become the property of Versa Technology. Replacement products may be new or reconditioned. Versa Technology does not issue refunds or credit. Please contact the point-of-purchase for their return policies.
Versa Technology shall not be responsible for any software, firmware, information, or memory data of customer contained in, stored on, or integrated with any products returned to Versa Technology pursuant to any warranty.
There are no user serviceable parts inside the product. Do not remove or attempt to service the product by any unauthorized service center. This warranty is voided if (i) the product has been modified or repaired by any unauthorized service center, (ii) the product was subject to accident, abuse, or improper use (iii) the product was subject to conditions more severe than those specified in the manual.
Warranty service may be obtained by contacting Versa Technology within the applicable warranty period and providing a copy of the dated proof of the purchase. Upon proper submission of required documentation a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number will be issued. An RMA number is required in order to initiate warranty service support for all Versa Technology products. Products that are sent to Versa Technology for RMA service must have the RMA number marked on the outside of return packages and sent to Versa Technology prepaid, insured and packaged appropriately for safe shipment. Customers shipping from outside of the USA and Canada are responsible for return shipping fees. Customers shipping from outside of the USA are responsible for custom charges, including but not limited to, duty, tax, and other fees.
WARRANTIES EXCLUSIVE: IF THE Versa Technology PRODUCT DOES NOT OPERATE AS WARRANTED ABOVE, THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE REMEDY SHALL BE, AT Versa Technology’s OPTION, REPAIR OR REPLACE. THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, EITHER IN FACT OR BY OPERATION OF LAW, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Versa Technology NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANY OTHER PERSON TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OTHER LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, INSTALLATION MAINTENANCE OR USE OF Versa Technology’s PRODUCTS.
Versa Technology SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY IF ITS TESTING AND EXAMINATION DISCLOSE THAT THE ALLEGED DEFECT IN THE PRODUCT DOES NOT EXIST OR WAS CAUSED BY CUSTOMER’S OR ANY THIRD PERSON’S MISUSE, NEGLECT, IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR TESTING, UNAUTHORIZED ATTEMPTS TO REPAIR OR MODIFY, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE BEYOND THE RANGE OF THE INTENDED USE, OR BY ACCIDENT, FIRE, LIGHTNING, OR OTHER HAZARD.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: TO THE FULL EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW Versa Technology ALSO EXCLUDES FOR ITSELF AND ITS SUPPLIERS ANY LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR FOR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATE, OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, USE, PERFORMANCE, FAILURE, OR INTERRUPTION OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND LIMITS ITS LIABILITY TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, OR REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID, AT Versa Technology’s OPTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES WILL NOT BE AFFECTED IF ANY REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL FAIL OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Governing Law: This Limited Warranty shall be governed by the laws of the state of California.
Some Versa Technology products include software code written by third party developers. These codes are subject to the GNU General Public License ("GPL") or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL").
THIS WARRANTY AND REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, Versa Technology SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF Versa Technology CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM IMPLIED WARRANTIES UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. No Versa Technology reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty. Versa Technology IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, DOWNTIME, GOODWILL, DAMAGE TO OR REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED IN OR USED WITH Versa Technology PRODUCTS, AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCT.
Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or exclusions or limitations on the duration of implied warranties or conditions, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary by state or province.
Shipping costs of products being returned are the responsibility of the customer. Cost of shipping products back to the customer will be paid by Versa Technology (Free ground shipping for USA - domestic customers only. International customers are responsible for shipping costs.) This warranty only applies to the customer whom purchased the product directly from Versa Technology.
Out of Warranty Service:
For products which are out of warranty, please call or fax in for a RMA number. Once the products for repair are received a quote will be generated for their repair. Customer approval must be obtained before work is begun in repairing or replacing the products. Once the products are repaired, payments must be made or sent for their repair costs before they are shipped back to customers. Shipping costs both to and from the customer are billed to the Customer for products which are out of warranty.
You may also like…
- TAA Compliant, Ethernet Extenders, Ethernet Extender Kits
VX-VEB160G4 (V2) 300Mbps Ethernet Extender Kit$224.98
Versa Technology’s VX-VEB160G4 (V2) is the fastest Copper Ethernet Extender available on the market. The second generation Ethernet Extender can achieve up to 300Mbps (Downstream: Up to 190 Mbps/Upstream: Up to 110 Mbps) and withstand harsh environments.
- Interface: 4 x 10/100/1000Base-T, 1 x VDSL2
- Speed DS / US: Up to 190Mbps / Up to 110Mbps
- Power Supply: 12VDC over 2.1mm DC Jack
- Power Consumption: 4.5 Watts Max.
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to 75°C
- Standard: IEEE 802.3 compliant
- Distance: Up to 9,000 ft.
Kits Includes: 2 VX-VEB160G4 (V2) units and each unit contains 1 12V 1A (output) power supply, and 1 quick installation guide.
*The VX-VEB160G4 (V2) is backwards compatible with the previous model of the VX-VEB160G4.
- TAA Compliant, DSLAM, VDSL2 Modems
VR-3030 VDSL2 Router / Modem (17a)Contact us for more info.
The VR-3030 Multi-DSL Router provides wired access for high-bandwidth applications in the home or office.
- Support for G.inp, G.vector and PhyR
- Comply with ITU-T G.992.5, ITU-T G.992.3, ITU-T G.992.1, ANSI T1.413 Issue 2, AnnexM
- Comply with G.993.2 (supporting profile 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 12a, 12b, 17a)
- RJ-11 x1 for ADSL2+/VDSL2
- RJ-45 x 1 for LAN, (10/100 BaseT auto-sense)
- TAA Compliant, DSLAM, VDSL2 Modems
VX-VEB160R1 Ethernet over VDSL2 Converter (Profile 30a)
This device has reached End-of-Life.